The best part of blogging in Live Writer is that, it has a facility of providing you the actual template from the blog layout while you blog. This makes you feel as if you are directly writing on your blog layout than in the standard Wordpress TinyMCE editor.
- For installation of Live Writer make sure you have the following system requirements. More important that it requires a .Net Framework.
- Download the Live Tools Installer. This installer is not the Live Writer Installer. Instead it is general purpose installer and lets you select more products to install if needed.
- Start the installation from WLsetup.exe
- Accept the agreement policy.
- Uncheck all the check boxes. They are optional utilities.
- The installer then downloads the Live Writer installation. Please be patient as it takes quite a lot of time if you have slow connection.
- You don’t have to do check anything. The installation would immediately after the download is complete.
- Follow the further steps which include putting the login credentials, blog URL.
- Allow the installation to detect the blog layout settings and post a temporary post to verify. It won’t affect your blog since no test post is published.
- Start the Writer and blast away with your writing. Enjoy!
Also do check out the gallery of Live Writer Plugins and also the CodePlex development zone to make your blogging experience even more enjoyable.
For linux operating system please click here